Where do I get court forms?

Most court actions require a specific form to be filed with the court. Some forms are "local forms", and were created for use in one court. Other forms are used state-wide. You may be able to get a copy of a court form you need by contacting the court clerk.

If you are not sure which forms you need, a book of court forms may be available in the library nearest you. After you know which court forms you need, you can make copies or write down the form numbers and contact commercial forms printer for copies. Forms developed by the State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) should be photocopied, because most are not available from a printer.

Most of the SCAO Approved forms are also available as a PDF (portable document format) and can be filled in online and then printed.

Remember: Court forms are only tools to assist in processing of a court case. The forms do not guide you through the court process. If you do not have an attorney, you will need to understand the laws pertaining to your type of case.

Show All Answers

1. I feel that a crime has been committed. How do I press charges? Can I report directly to the Prosecutor's Office?
2. How do I press counter-charges against someone?
3. I am a victim. Can I drop the charge(s)?
4. Can you tell me if a charge has been issued of if an arrest warrant exists?
5. How do I get my property back?
6. Where do I get court forms?
7. How do I get a copy of a police report?
8. How do I get a copy of a person's criminal record?
9. How can I get help if a defendant is not paying court-ordered restitution?
10. I was a victim of a violent crime. How can the Prosecuting Attorney help me with my medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc?
11. Can the Prosecuting Attorney help me if I have been cheated by a contractor, shopkeeper or other person who provides labor or services?
12. I have been subpoenaed to appear as a witness in a criminal case. Can I get witness fees? What if I can't attend on the date stated on the subpoena?
13. Can I talk to Andrea Krause? I think she's the person who is working on my case since her name appears on my court documents.
14. How do I get a court-appointed attorney?
15. I am a defendant and do not like the attorney who is representing me. Can I talk to a Prosecuting Attorney about my case?
16. Why are some cases plea bargained?
17. I want a divorce and need help getting child support. Can the Prosecutor's office help me?
18. What if I have a question which is not answered in your FAQs?