8th Judicial Circuit Court - Family / Juvenile Division

Empty Courtroom


View the Trial Schedule / Juror Information

Probation Officers

The Court and the Court's staff are prohibited by law from providing legal advice and assistance in completing forms. The information, forms, and instructions on this website are intended to provide general information concerning filing procedures and may be useful as a guide. They are not meant to be all-inclusive. For those proceedings that are contested or complex, it is recommended that you consult with an attorney for guidance.


Visit the Adoptions page for more information.

Financial Information

To make a payment please PAY HERE and have your case or account number ready. For information about court costs, fines and restitution please view the Fee Schedule information. A Financial Information Form (PDF) is required for every delinquency case when the court incurs any costs for services or attorney fees.

Child Abuse & Neglect

The Department of Health and Human Services is responsible for the investigation of child abuse and neglect. Anyone can report the abuse or neglect of a child by calling 855-444-3911. Visit the DHHS website for more information.

Personal Protection Orders (Minor)

The Juvenile Division handles Personal Protection Orders (PPO) against individuals who are 17 years of age or younger.

A personal protection action involves seeking an order from the court to protect you from harassment, assault, beating, molesting, wounding, or stalking by another person. The order can also prohibit a person from entering your premises and from removing minor children unless the removal is part of court-ordered parenting time. The person filing the petition for personal protection is called the petitioner. The person to be restrained by the personal protection order is called the respondent. You may stop by the Juvenile Court Office to pick up forms for the purpose of obtaining a PPO against a juvenile. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Juvenile Office at 989-831-7308.


To emancipate a minor means to release a child under 18 years of age from parental control and supervision. If you are interested in Emancipation you can stop by the juvenile court for the appropriate forms.

The filing fee for emancipation is $185 and it is non-refundable.

Miscellaneous Topics

Under certain circumstances, a juvenile can get one or more adjudications set aside. To get more information on getting an adjudication set aside you can stop by the juvenile court office and pick up the appropriate forms.

Access the links below to get information about other topics related to the Juvenile Court: