Financial Hardship Policy

Don't wait until it is too late to get help!

If you are struggling to pay taxes, you may qualify for a Poverty Exemption for current property taxes. You will need to contact the local unit ( township or city) and request the paperwork to apply to the Board of Review (BOR) for the exemption. If you qualify, it would forgive the current taxes when they are levied. This Poverty Exemption can be applied for at either the March, July, or December BOR.

View the Local Assessors (PDF).

View the Foreclosure Timeline (PDF).