Concealed Pistol License Information


No appointment is needed at the County Clerk's office to apply for a Concealed Pistol License (CPL), however applicants do have to make an appointment with either the Sheriff's Department or IdentoGO for fingerprinting. To set up a fingerprinting appointment you can call the Sheriff's Office at 989-831-7590 or schedule an appointment online with IdentoGO. The Agency Requestor ID is MI3300827. You will be required to pay a $15 fee to whomever takes your prints.

You must file the application for the CPL with the County Clerk's office prior to being finger printed. The Vital Records office is open Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm. You must arrive before 3:30 pm to have your CPL application processed.

Locations for IdentoGO can be found at the IdentoGO website.


CPL Renewals can be done in person or online at the MI CPL Renewal Portal. You must have your renewal letter than contains your PIN when applying online. The County Clerk will mail you a letter containing your CPL Renewal PIN 6 months prior to the expiration of your license. If you have misplaced your renewal letter, you can obtain a new one by emailing photos of your current CPL license and your Drivers License along with a written request for a new PIN.

We will then email you back your renewal letter than contains a PIN number.

Applications & Fees

Applications are available at the Montcalm County Clerk's Office. A complete application and valid Certificate of Training must be submitted at the County Clerk's Office. The applicant must appear in person as a signature is needed. Once the application has been filed with the County Clerk the applicant must be fingerprinted.

The fees are as follows:

  • New Application $100
  • Fingerprint Fee $15 paid to whichever agency does your fingerprinting
  • Renewal $115 (fingerprints are not required if the renewal is filed within one year of the expiration)

Permits are valid for five years. Please click this link below, to obtain an application.

 CPL Application 

Effective December 16, 2014 applicants can pay for their application with a debit or credit card at the counter, however a small user fee will be charged to customers using this method of payment.